- Be a pro – Represent yourself and your company to the best of your ability. Look the part (dress, website, business cards, social media presence, etc.) and act the part by knowing your business inside and out. You should also know your client’s business like the back of your hand, too.
- Don’t over promise and underdeliver – No one, and I mean no one, likes to do business with a person or company who makes a world of promises yet doesn’t deliver on any of them. If you want to lose a client, this is the quickest way to do it. Be honest about what you can do for your clients, back it up with action and you’re guaranteed to impress.
- Communicate – Speaking with your clients, and allowing your clients to speak with you, is essential. Calling and emailing just to “check in” is an added bonus your clients will remember. If you conduct business online, have an online forum to answer client questions and allow clients to interact with each other.
- Invest in your clients – A great way to impress is to invest. By investing in your clients, you’re showing them that they are the number one priority. Maybe it’s your time, support, or a company financial investment, such as a new App or other tool your clients would benefit from. When you invest, what you get back in return immeasurable.
- Show your appreciation – Clients like to know that their business matters to you, so showing your appreciation is a great way to make them feel special. Conduct business on a face-to-face level? Send thank you notes and gifts, when appropriate (just be sure you stay in line with their corporate gift policy). If your business is strictly web-based, offer special promotions and discounts to show your customer appreciation.
Treat your clients the way you’d like to be treated. If you’re consistent and reliable in your methods, you’re guaranteed to leave a lasting, positive impression.